Tuesday, February 7, 2012

weird tale..

Now some of these stories might be mixed up a little as far as a time line goes...
But they're all 100% true except for the names.
I may tend to jump all over the place, but some of these stories seem important to me, so I'll put them in as they come to me..

Anyway, I was 15 years old, I was turning 16 in a few months, Thus far all I've done was smoke weed, oil and hash, as well as drink.. and that's how I intended to keep it.

I met quite a few people smoking pot at school, some who turned out to be good friends at the time. I met one friend, Kris.. We would hang out everyday, smoke weed before class, hang out every night and try to scrape together money to buy a gram.. I remember one day he was telling me about his father.. See, his parents had split up when he was younger, they both had separate lives now.. But he didn't see much of his dad. He was telling me how he owned his own business, and drank, and wouldn't mind if we went out there..

I remember the first night I met his father, Ken; He seemed so cool at the time, and he bought us an 8 pack of olands, as we drove around visiting people.. he took us to all these strange places, where people were drinking, all the time. I remember having a pretty good buzz on, when he let Kris drive his car... I was pretty scared, but didn't want to show it.. so I kept my mouth shut.. he was driving 160kms on an old back road in springhill, he was only 14 years old.. with a buzz on, first time driving a standard.. thank god nothing happened, but we made it back to his fathers.. His dad bought a case of beer, and asked if I wanted to stay the night. I called my parents, but they didn't want me to, because they didn't know him.. upset, I went home in a taxi.

The next day Kris called me, his dad had a jar full of weed, and asked if I wanted to come out again.. of course I got ready, and got my mother to drop me off out there, lying to her, telling her we were going hiking or something productive like that..

I got there, and his father wasn't home.. We smoked almost the entire jar within a few hours.. his dad came back and I thought he would get mad.. but he just laughed, and told us to take the rest of it when we went in town.. we did, and went to "the courts" in springhill.. Another hangout for the youth of springhill, where kids would drink or smoke pot, and play basketball.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, We've already been to his dads house a handful of times, drinking with him, visiting people, all of this for free.. we thought it was the coolest thing ever.. he took us to bootleggers, to a place called the "millionaires club" where people would drink and gamble.. I thought it was so cool, everyone was so nice to us, and would give us all the beer we wanted. It was such a new experience from my somewhat sheltered life.. this was a whole new world..

I remember seeing a few people go to the bathroom a lot, I thought it was pretty strange, but never really paid any attention to it.. until one day when Kris called me, and invited me out to his dads again..

He called me, slurring, telling me to hurry up and come out there.. his dad had lots of beer, and he was having fun, riding the atv's and they were gonna go out soon.. Kris sounded different though, happier, and he was slurring his words..
When I got out there, he told me he was working on a roof with his father, and his dad gave him some yellow pills, I'm still not sure to this day what they were... anyway, I was almost sick to my stomach.. We had so much fun just drinking and smoking weed... we didn't really need anything else? I didn't wanna do "hard drugs".. anyway, he asked me if I wanted some, and I said no.. That was the end of that... or so I thought..

His dad pulled out a gram baggy full of white powder.. and dumped out 3 piles on the table.. he snorted one pile, and told us to hurry up, because his girl friend would be home from work any minute... My heart was racing, I said no, at least twice.. then Kris took the empty pen tube, and snorted his pile...

a million thoughts went through my head..  I didn't want his dad to think I was a nerd, and I didn't want him to stop drinking with me, or to stop hanging out with me... petrified I grabbed the pen tube... I thought about coughing and blowing it away saying it was an accident.. but I thought he'd get mad I wasted it..

I took the tube, and snorted it.. little did I know, this would Begin an entire new chapter of my life... one heading down hill..

I sat back down on the couch.. and felt my face go numb.. ken passed me and his son each a beer, and as soon as I opened it.. I felt the cocaine hit me..

My body felt electric, my entire head was numb, my heart was racing... I felt like I had super human energy.. I wanted to get up and do something... me and Kris both did..
I remember thinking "why doesn't everyone do this? Why is this illegal? why do people think this is such a bad thing? I'm not hurting anyone?" I was on top of the world, or so I thought.. When in reality, the world was on top of me, crushing everything I loved, all of my dreams, hopes and aspirations out of me..

We each took one more small line, and headed in town..

I remember when he dropped us off, I basically ran out of the car... I felt amazing... We met up with some of our friends, and I couldn't stop talking.. I was so social, and outgoing.. I was normally quiet and reserved.. I always had a bit of anxiety.. but this took away all of that..

I felt like a million bucks, and felt that way for almost 2 hours.. which is weird for the drug, because it usually wears off fast.. it was probably mixed with speed, or something.. but I didn't know anything about that at the time.

We smoked a gram his father gave us, and went home once I came down... I remember I didn't sleep that night, my mind was racing.. all I could think about was how this tiny bit of powder, made me feel like a god..
I wanted to feel like this again, I wanted to try other things, feel other ways.. I was infatuated with altering my mind and body.. I heard about addiction in school, but I came from a good family.. nothing like that would ever happen to me.. I was just experimenting..

Or so I thought...

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry :( I love you Neil and I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete