Tuesday, February 7, 2012

just a little bit about myself..

For those of you who don't know me, or those who do, but don't know much..
I'm 23 years old. I've struggled hard with a drug addiction to opiates, for 5-6 years..
I would get clean for 3-6 months here and there but would always go back..

Close to 3 years ago, I got sentenced to almost 4 years in federal prison, for an armed robbery I did, but don't really remember doing.. because I was so out of my mind on drugs at the time.

I spent 2 years inside, and have now been out for almost a year. I stayed clean the whole time,with drug tests to prove it. I did everything I could to better myself... I finally realised the power of drugs, and they scared me. Never in a million years did I think I was capable of doing something like that... but drugs alter your mind, and alter your personality.. they change you drastically.

I finally got it... anyway, I worked out while I was inside, I played sports, like ball hockey and softball almost everyday. I got in shape, and took many drug programs... I stayed away form the users, and just did everything I could to make my life better. I graduated, and upgraded some of my high school courses.
I wrote my G.E.D and made over 95% on everyone of the 5 tests.

I vowed to make my life better, I had so much guilt, and shame.. and I hurt so many people, my family and my true friends..

I'm now 100% drug free, my relationship with my family and friends is amazing. I met a wonderful girl who I love with my entire heart. And I'm planning on going back to collage in September.

I'll post more updates on my life now, compared to how it used to be...

I just want people to read this if they're young, and using.. and maybe help 1 kid change their mind on using.

I never thought I'd end up as bad as I did.... But I did... And most of the hardcore drug addicts I bet in prison started using while they were in high school... and a lot of those people will never leave prison.. they just keep coming back, and coming back.. like a life sentence on the instalment plan, all because of drugs and addiction,

If you are struggling, just MSG me and I will try to help you, or guide you... you don't need to use your real name. I know many programs and drug councillors, who I can get in touch with to meet you... Just please don't be scared to ask, I would never judge anyone.

Thanks guys. More to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Neil!
    I'm sure you've touched many people already!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete