Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update! : )


This is one of my dogs, Lola..A.K.A Lolllla Bean.
This is her when she was a puppy.. haha, I love my dogs. We also have a boxer named duke, i'll post a picture of him next time, but he's a wonderful loving dog who wouldn't hurt a fly.

My life is wonderful right now, I have a great girlfriend who I love to death, I have the two best brothers anyone could ever ask for.. And their girlfriends are also a part of our family. They're both amazing girls who fit in perfectly with out family ! : )

My relationship with my parents has never been better, and I really consider myself lucky to have the wonderful family I have.

I'm 23, and I'm living at home.. I don't currently have a solid job, I work occasionally cutting tree's, but we haven't been getting very many contracts... So I've been applying at a lot of other places.

I have two pretty good leads, and I assume I'll have a job here pretty soon.
I'm saving every cent I make until I have enough to move out with my girlfriend. We're looking for an apartment in Amherst; Maybe a two bedroom if we can.

I'm excited to start my life again, and lucky to have the chance to do so..

Today, I shoveled the driveway... After having near 20 degree weather last week this was a real bummer..
Then I took the dogs out to play in the snow.. they love it, and it's hilarious watching them play.

This week, I plan on going to the high-school to talk to some of the kids up there, so they can get to know me. I plan on coming in once or twice a week so they get to know me, and I could help them..
This came after sitting down for coffee with Jay. She runs the youth health center there, and she really thinks I could help some of these kids!

I also have a meeting with the manager of addictions services in Cumberland County.. he's taking me out for lunch on Thursday to talk about some ideas he has for me. which is awesome, I'm really expanding my network within addictions services and the correctional service area. Another Parole officer has asked me if I would be willing to speak to some people with her. I'm just waiting to hear back from her.

I'm also waiting for choices to contact me, as they want me to come down there and talk to some of the youth there who are struggling with a drug problem..

Then I'm speaking April 21st at a doctors conference... My life is great, I've also been helping A LOT of people though my blog and through two of my emails... I answer a lot of questions everyday, and sometimes it's a little hard, but it's really helping me in my own recovery.

This is what I want to do with my life, I'm looking for scholarships to go to school, I want to become an addictions councilor. It's in my heart... and it only makes sense that I went through all of that for a reason.

Thanks guys... And if you ever need to get a hold of me, email me at neilcalder1@gmail.com
I'm always here to listen, to help and offer advice. Don't worry, I will never judge you, and everything you say is kept completely confidential.

Thanks to everyone for reading everyday, and I'm sorry when I don't get a post up each day, sometimes it's a little hard with all the side work I'm doing.
Thanks for sharing my blog with other people, and thanks for helping me grow and expand this blog to reach more and more people! : )

-Neil

Also, if anyone knows of any odd jobs, or any part-time or full time openings anywhere, please let me know.. lol thanks again!

-Neilio

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear you have your life going in a positive direction...proud of you

    ReplyDelete