Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Late for work..

I was working at a call center in Amherst..
Everyday up to this point I was high at work...

But today, I didn't have any drugs, or money.. and I was dreading facing the day without them.
I needed to find another way to get money.

I asked mom and dad to borrow money, it was a Saturday, and I think they gave me 10 dollars.. it might have been 20.. but this still wasn't enough.  It would cost me 35 dollars a day just so I wouldn't be sick.

I had a few hours before work.. So I grabbed my volunteer sheets and made my way around town.
The first hour, I made around 20 dollars.. I had another hour before dad was driving me to work. So I ended up pretty far from home.

I made over 100 dollars, and I headed for home..
I remember one girl I asked got mad at me, and slammed the door in my face and I didn't think anything of it.. that's until I almost got to Marcus's house..
A cop car pulled up beside me, and called me over to the car.
"Hey Neil .. what are you canvasing for?"

He took me to the police station..

I told him who I was canvasing for, and I gave him the phone numbers needed to check it out.. I told him how much I made, and he asked me how I was doing.. I told him I've been sober since our last encounter..
When he sat with me in the back of an ambulance going to the I.W.K.

They had a very good reason to be suspicious.. and this was a pretty low move on my end.. 16 years old and scamming innocent charities.. Everything checked out, and he had to let me go. I covered all my bases in case something like this arose. I used my mind for bad things instead of good.. and later in my blogs you'll really see this pattern. I wasted my potential while I was using.. I could have been something.
I'm just glad I have a second chance to make something of myself. instead of wasting away, and living a sad and lonely life as an addict.

So, I was already late for work.. I should have gone right home, and left for work.. but I needed drugs..
So I made the long walk to Marcus's house..which was far from my home.. And went in.
I bought 10 8mg pills for 100 dollars, and left.. I had to "borrow" 25 dollars worth from him.. but I wanted to make sure I had enough for the next day at work.. I couldn't run out.

I remember when I got home.. Dad was MAD at me. "Do you realize what time it is? you're already 10 minutes late for work, and it's a 20 minute drive there... Where were you? What were you doing?"
I changed the clock on my cell phone to an hour earlier.. I showed him, and told him I wasn't late.. I pretended that it wasn't my fault.. I can't remember what lie I used.. but I think he had an idea I was up to something.

I remember when I got to work, a half hour late.. I went to my supervisor, and told him I was sick on the way up here. I told him I took a gravol, and I was feeling better. I said I had to go to the bathroom, then I'd be right out on the floor... He believed me, and said "Take your time Neil"

..And take my time I did..

I crushed up 3 pills.. made three lines.. and as soon as I snorted the first one.. I coughed, and blew the other two lines away.. all over the bathroom floor..
"Fuck" I thought...I'm gonna need to do 2 more, then I won't have enough for tomorrow night..

I snorted two more, plus the little bit of powder that was left after blowing it away...
I went outside, and had a few puffs off a smoke.. I went to the pop machine, and bought a cola..
I went to my locker.. and locked my drugs up in it, and took my headset out.

I walked to my computer.. at least 20 minutes after I talked to my supervisor..
I sat down, and checked my emails before I started taking calls. There was an email from a kid from one of the drug message boards " You haven't collected the western union transfer yet.. Are you going to? Is this deal still on?"

I couldn't believe I forgot a transfer.. how stupid was I?
I emailed him back, and just said I was busy with work.. he emailed me back all of the info, and the amount of the transfer.

I told him I'd collect it on my lunch break, and I would send the package out Monday morning.
I couldn't believe my luck.. I always ended up finding a way to obtain drugs and money..
I started taking calls and I was starting to get high... Nothing could ruin my good mood today.. or could it..

-Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment