Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"Missed the bus"



So I purposely missed the bus..

I didn't care.. I was having fun tonight. I got kicked out for something I didn't do..
I may as well have some fun now...

We sold our bus tickets...  me and "Kris"each had about 30 dollars..
So we planned on getting drunk that night.

We met up with a few of his friends, outside of a youth shelter.. We stopped inside, and had something to eat.. then 4 or 5 of us left..
We all went to the liquor store, me and kris and another of his friends bought a 66er of rum.
The girls that were there bought some coolers.. then we headed to the tunnels..

In Halifax, by the shore, there's these tunnels you can walk through.. there's an edge on it, and you can sit in it.. so we all went there after buying a few bottles of pop and some plastic cups..

A guy came up to Kris-not his real name- and asked him if he could buy weed..
So after a few more drinks.. we walked up the sidewalk for a while... Kris told him we were meeting the guy behind this next building coming up..

We walked down the side of the building.. Then once we got to the back..  Kris said "Give me your wallet"
Dragon said " No man, I'm not a cop or anything dude, you don't have to worry about that.. Here I'll show you my I.D" Kris then said "No man, give me your fucking wallet now or I'll break your jaw!"

I was almost shitting my pants... What the fuck was going on?? he was robbing this guy? I was bad, but I wasn't that bad.. I felt so bad for the guy..

Anyway Dragon said "Neil man, we're friends, can't you stop him?" and I just turned around.. if I had of said anything, I would have gotten beat up.

He ended up giving him the wallet, he took all the guys money out, and threw the wallet back to him, then said "If you call the cops, I know where you live now from your license" I'll find out.. "

We all ran...  What the fuck just happened?? I couldn't believe this... I felt so bad for that guy.. I thought about leaving the group, and taking off to find Dragon and tell him I'm sorry, it wasn't me.. I just met these guys today... but then,  Kris pipped up and said "we're getting pills man"

Being an opiate addict, and I was drinking... I wanted to get high..

We were sitting at the square in Halifax... we waited outside, drinking while the girl went in.. she wanted liquor, not cash..  so we all left.. Fuck I thought.. I'm not gonna get a pill... Or maybe I could steal liquor and then i'll get some...

We all got split up.. I lost everyone.. alone in Halifax.. what the fuck was I going to do.. I was drunk, and didn't know my way around the city then.. I thought I was fucked... I met up with a girl I had just met once, and I told her I was looking for pills.. and I heard people trade them for liquor..
She said "Yeah, I knew a few people"

..So off to the liquor store I went.. I stole 3 very expensive bottles of liquor, one was 100 dollars, one was 80 and one was 75 dollars..
I walked out of the store, and they didn't blink an eye at me..
We left, and sold the liquor for 5 24mg Dilaudids.. We went back to her place, and I gave her 1 for taking them in... we snorted a pill each, and it made me feel amazing..

We hung out for a little bit, then left to try to catch up with some people..

We met a few guys we met just before we broke up.. Kris wasn't there.. but at least they were..
They wanted to get drunk too.. so I went into another store, and stole two bottles of hard liquor.. and we all sat around drinking it.. I didn't want much, because I was more concerned about the pills... I hated drinking, it's not my thing.. I like how it makes you feel sometimes.. but it makes me sick every time I drink. so I don't really bother with it.

I took out a pill, and snorted half of it.. one of the guys that was there asked me if he could have half a pill for half a pack of smokes.. I had no smokes, so I said yes..
That's the first time I've seen someone inject drugs... I watched him as he grabbed his chest, and laid back in pure bliss.. he just laid there.. and told us not to talk..

I left, that felt way to gross for me to be around.. and left the liquor with him..

I was with one of the girls I had met, and we met a few other guys she knew.. they were dressed up in baggy jeans and sideways hats.. and they asked me if  I could get them liquor and we could all split it..
I went back and grabbed a 40 ouncer of vodka, and a pint of rum... I cane back, and they took the bottles from me "to look at " they were like "wow kid, you're good" and they left.. I said "hey man, I thought we were splitting that.. but they just kept walking with the girl and I got robbed..

Wow, I felt stupid... I thought I was doing them a favor.. but I guess they just used me.. I was very offended and mad..

I kept walking and met one of the other girls I met up with at the very first of the story..
We walked around, and she wanted smokes.. I only had 4 left, and I gave her 1.. we smoked the other ones, and we were out.. She wanted me to go in and grab a pack of smokes form the counter and leave..
I had 10 dollars on me, but they didn't know that.. so I acted tough like I was gonna steal them.. but I was paying for them..

We went to one store, operated by an oriental man... I walked in, and he sat the smokes down on the table, and said "I need to see some I.D." I pretended I didn't hear him.. and sat 10 dollars on the counter, and said "keep the change" and started to walk out.. he was chasing me and on my way out the door, I pulled the fire alarm and gave him the finger..

I ran outside, met the girls.. and they thought it was super funny..

I walked one block, and I met this weird girl who said I looked cute.. she said "do you want a drink of wine?" I said "OK, and she tilted the bottle for me and poured it down my throat.. it was nasty strong wine.. cheap stuff like kelleys I think... it was disgusting... and I turned around the corner to the next block, when the police grabbed me, and threw me into the back of the patty wagon.. 

The girl had my smokes, and I had 2 24's in my pocket... I put the in my underwear before we got to the police station.. They patted me down, took out what little change I had, and threw me in the drunk tank..
I lied about how old I was, I used a friends name who was 19, and I knew his birthday and what year he was born in.. So they didn't charge me with underage drinking.. but they threw me in the adult cell..

Bad choice... I should have told them the truth..

I was sitting on one of the benches.. when this big Native-Canadian guy came up to me and sat down beside me.. He then whispered in my ear "I'mmm gonnnnnna huuuuuuurt youuuuu" ... I was panicking..
The officers cracked the door, and a new inmate came in, who heard what he said to me..

He said to the big guy " Leave that fucking kid alone ya slob" and then they started fighting.. the new guy beat the big guy up.. and he was passed out on the floor.. the guards flew in and said "You Two, come with us" and took them out of the cell..

I slept for a little while, with my back against the wall.... when I woke up, it was to a guard telling me I could go.. It was like 4 in the morning..

I put my shoes on, and asked the cop for a smoke.. he gave me one, and I left..

I was walking around... cold because I only had a thin sweater on..

I was starving too, because I didn't eat much that day..

So I went into a 24 hour shoppers and stole a bag of chew chips ahoy, a milkshake, and a bottle of water... I ate two rows of the cookies, and drank the milkshake.. I was drinking the bottle of water, sitting on a bench when I noticed a guy who was unloading a truck.. he said to me "Are you OK?" And I told him I was fine... Even though I was crying at this point and stuff. I really wish I knew who that man was.. I should have told him the truth, and that I was stranded here..

Anyway, I kept walking... found a pay phone and called mom. She was asking where I was.. I told her I was OK, but I needed to get picked up tomorrow.. She told me she would but said she won't be able to leave until 8..

She wanted me to go look for 2 shelters she looked up.. I tried to find them.. but I couldn't.. I didn't know my way around the city... I ended up finding 2 newspapers, and a free newspaper thing they have in Halifax.

I sat on the steps of a big business, and waited... and waited in the cold..
It was still dark... so I thought I would do another pill... I crushed the beads with a rock.. and covered it with a piece of paper.. and I snorted it off the marble step that I wiped off.. one person saw me.. and just kept walking..

I sat there, and waited and waited and waited.. for hours..
It was around 10am when my mom finally got there.. She hugged me so hard... she was so scared she said.. and she loved me and all this other stuff... it makes me feel guilty just reading this.. but the drugs were so important to me at that time that it didn't even matter..

On our way home, my cousin Steve looked at my face, and said "looks like you got knocked around a bit"
I forgot to mention this in the story... I got punched by some random guy I've never even met before, and he stole a pint I was carrying.. I can't believe I forgot that part...
Anyway, I lied to him, and said it was just the way I slept.

We stopped at the big stop after driving an hour... I wasn't high anymore.. so I figured this was a good place..
I slipped on of the spoons in my pocket and went to the bathroom...
I crushed the pill on the back of the toilet tank as fast as I could... did my lines, then went back.. I ate my breakfast of ham and eggs an toast.. and we left..

When we got home, mom was so mad at me.. she was disappointed in me... I tried to tell her my lie about how I got on the wrong bus, they told me it wasn't the right one.. and it was the one leaving now"
I told them there was no other buses going that way that night..

I told her I loved her.. and I told her I was going back to choices next week.. She was happy about that.

I went to bed an hour after I got home, and slept and slept and slept..

-End of this blog.

Thanks for reading!

-Neil






No comments:

Post a Comment