Friday, April 27, 2012

Problem Solver..

It's weird, but most drug addicts are actually quite intelligent, they just use that creativeness and intelligence for the wrong things..

It was a Friday morning... And I was broke...
I started up the computer, and within 2 hours I had close to 500 dollars..

I went and bought my fix, then went to inject it at a "friends" house..
I gave him a pill to cook mine up and inject it for me..
I left there.. and went straight to the hospital...

Like I said before, I had to start serving my weekend sentence.. But being a drug addict.. there was no way I could actually bring them in on me.. unless I wanted to bring them "In me" .. but that wasn't happening..
I needed a plan..

And within minutes, I thought of one..

I went to outpatients.. and complained enough until the doctor gave me a prescription to an anti-depressant.. and the largest one they make... He offered me another one called welbutrin.. but I turned it down, because that wouldn't help my situation.. I needed a capsule..

I took the prescription into the pharmacy and got it filled..
I then went home, and started to open the pills up, and empty them down the sink..

They were full of beads, just like hydromorph contin pills were.. They were a little smaller, but No one would notice..

I would be there from 8 at night on Friday, till 8 in the morning on Monday..
I was supposed to take 2 pills a day... one at 8 in the morning, and one at 8 at night..

I took 6 empty capsules, and filled them full of hydromorphone contin beads..
A 30mg pill would fit perfectly into them.. They were pretty much the same size..
I was also on 8 Xanax .5's a day... 2 pills 4 times a day..
So I took just as many pills as I needed in the pill bottles.. And left the rest at home.. Minus a few I was taking right before going in there..

It was around 6:00pm, and I went back to my "Friends" house to "Shoot up" One last time before going to jail... I couldn't sneak a needle in, so I would have to snort them.
It almost made me mad, because I could inject half a 30mg hydromorphone pill, and feel the same as if I snorted 2 full 30mg pills... With an even better rush..

I got a good deal on the pills today, but normally they would have cost 35-40 dollars each if I didn't have that cheap source... at $40.00 a pill, times 6.. that's almost 250 dollars, just for the weekend.. And I needed this EVERY weekend, just not to be sick..

My mom came to pick me up... and I jumped in the car.. it was around 6:30pm now, and I only had an hour and a half to get there...
On the drive up, mom bought me some take-out.. I ate it, and asked her to drop me off at tim hortons..
I told her I would see her on Monday, and gave her a kiss and a hug..

Right across from tims used to be a pharmacy.. It was the pharmacy the jail used... I knew this from my short stay there before.. and knew they put everything in blister packs..
I went to the back of the store, and waited in line... time was ticking.. I had to be there in 45 minutes or so, and there was an older woman infront of me, taking forever and asking a million questions.

I finally got the to pharmacist, and told her my predicament, and that my medication needed to be in a blister pack in order to receive it there... I asked her how much it would cost, and she told me she would do it for free..

Being suspicious, I stuck around and watched her, to make sure she didn't take the same type of medication from her stock and use it to replace mine... She didn't.. and I instantly had a smile on my face.

..She passed me two blister packs, and I was on my way back to Tims.. I brought some seram wrap, and decided to try to sneak some Tobacco in with me.. I took 10 cigarettes apart, and took out my pack of papers, and put 20 or so papers in with it.. I rolled it up really tight, and really small.. and hid it in my coat... I knew they strip searched you, so I had to make sure I could get away with it somehow..

I took roughly 10 xanax, and lit a smoke.. I walked across the street, and waited outside the entrance door to the jail..
I finished my smoke, then rang the buzzer... As soon as I pressed it, I lit up another smoke.

I pulled 2 smokes out of my pack, and planned on dropping them in the exercise yard while I was walking in the main yard.. but he was right beside me, and there was cameras everywhere.

I went to the front desk, and signed in.. I handed them my medication cards, and they handed me a bag of jail clothing.. They told me to take it into the holding cells, and someone would be with me shortly... I tried to find the package of tobacco, but I couldn't reach it ... The second I knocked it loose, a guard was right there, ready to pat me down..

He told me to take off my coat, and set in the closed cell... I slid it through the bars, with the pocket facing towards me, in-case I got a change to grab it..

He patted me down, then told me to strip down..
I had to take off all my clothes, while he ordered me to shake my hair, open my mouth, lift my tongue.. and finally bend over and cough.. It was humiliating.. but that's what you get when you break the law..

I put on the clothes, and he told me to sit there for a minute while he got ready to bring me upstairs..
As soon as he left I stood up, and started to walk around... I heard them yell "Calder, sit back down on the bench" ... He saw me on the camera... I guess I wasn't smoking this weekend..

He brought me up, and took me to a room with 9 beds in it, and 5 or 6 other guys... I grabbed a bed close to the tv hanging on the wall, and un-packed all of my stuff..
I went to brush my teeth, then came out... And there was an officer there... "Calder" He said..
My heart sunk...

"Come here for a second"... I thought he found the tobacco, or worse yet figured out about the pills..
...But he was just standing there with my medication cards.. I told him I needed the Pink ones firs..
He then poppd out an anti-depressant. and handed it to me.. I put it in my mouth, under my tongue.. and drank an entire cup of water in front of him.. I said thanks, and sat back down...

As soon as he left, I spit it out.. and took it apart..




1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and could not stop reading it after I found out about it in the chronicle. You are one lucky guy to make it through what you did to yourself without dying!!!! I know a kid from our area who died from time release pills and he was only maybe 17 or 18. Such a freakin waste. You certainly should write a book because then they would want to make a movie no doubt. Your family must be so proud of you and all you have accomplished, I cerrtainly am and I don't even know you. But I have a reason why I am so interested in your story and sooner or later I will have to email you privately to ask some questions. I hope you never go back to drugs, it would simply devastate your family!! People on drugs never think they are really bothering anyone else but actually the whole family suffers and mourns every single day. Please keep us informed of your progress and I hope you find all you want in your journey back to the real world, I am very proud of you!!!! signed a "Mom who loves her son unconditionally too"

    ReplyDelete