Thursday, April 12, 2012

Part 2... And it starts with a phone call..

[I'm sorry this blog is short, and late being posted.. I was out for dinner with the head of addictions services in our area, and then I had a job interview.. which went really well... I'm hoping to start next week, and I'll let you guys know if I get it... It won't affect my blog, because it's shift work, and the hours will still allow me to write every day, and respond to all the emails and questions I get.... Thanks for reading guys.. this blog is growing bigger than I ever expected it to... and it just keeps growing and growing" ]
-Neil C.





So it had been 2 or 3 days, I had a good little stash, but I came across a little more money, and I wanted to get as much as I could..

So after what happened out there the other day, I figured I'd call before I showed up..
I always called, and always from a blocked number, because I didn't want him calling my house or my cell phone..

But today, I forgot to block my number and called him from my cell phone..
It rang 4-5 times, with no answer... I almost hung up, when I heard someone answer..

.. It was a girls voice...

"What do you think you're doing calling here?" .... "umm, I just wanted to say Hi to ******* and see how he's doing?" .. "He's doing great now that you aren't around!" .. "What are you talking about?" I said..
"Well, when I drove you home, I heard a pill bottle in your pocket when you got out of the car"
Me: "I showed you what I had in my pockets before I left... I honestly have no idea what you're talking about"
"Well why is there so many of his new pills missing?" she said... "I don't know, maybe he was in pain? I have no idea how that works"... " Ohhh but I think you do, I did some asking around and I know you use drugs, so don't even try to play it off"

"I did them when I was younger, but never pills or anything, and I haven't done anything since I was younger.."
"Tell it to someone who cares, I know you're lying... Lose this number, and don't call here again or I'm calling the police on you!" she said..

"You're paranoid, and you honestly have no idea what you're talking about... you're F****ng crazy!"

And I hung up...

Not even 3 seconds later I had a call on my cell, it was the same number I just called... "F**K" I thought.... "I didn't block my number" ..

I let it go to voice mail... and went back downstairs.. I just sat down on the computer again, when I got another call from her... I sent it straight to voice mail.. this happened 3 or 4 more times... And stopped..

When I checked my voice mail messages, I realized this girl wasn't giving up...

"Who the hell do you think you're calling crazy you drug addict? Taking advantage of a senior? you're sick and should be ashamed of yourself!.. Click"

"How dare you speak to me like that, you asshole, don't ever call here again... I think I might call the police! ... Click"

" And another thing...... Click"

... I deleted all the messages, and I thought that was over with..

I called a guy I knew up, and asked him if he wanted to get high... I walked to his house, and he got out some plates... I gave him a 24mg pill, and I did one too... We sat and talked... I didn't tell him what was going on... And I had my phone on vibrate.. after I got high, I was playing guitar and bass... we were having a bit of a jam session, and it went on for maybe 30minutes.. then I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket... I pulled it out, and it was the same number...

I pressed the end call button, and went back to what I was doing... I could feel it buzzing a few more times, but I ignored it... I ended up leaving, and started to walk home... I checked my messages, and it was her again.. and again.. and again..

she left me 3 more voice mails..

The sum of them were "Will you please pick up so I can tell you something, If you don't pick up next time I call, I'm calling the police"

This scared me... so I called her right back...

"Hello?... what do you want?" ... " I was just talking to ******* and he told me everything... and I want you to promise me you won't come out here again, and I won't call the police.. if you ever show up here again, i'll call the police... I just want a promise so I don't have to worry"

"I still don't know what you're talking about" I said... "But I promise you I won't come out again.. Even though I find this UN-fair.. I help him out a lot, so I hope you're at least going to do the things he needs done"

"Well I will... now good bye"

"Bye, and I'm sorry for what I said to you earlier, but please don't call this number again, it's not mine"

"Then why does it say your name on it?" she said..

... "I co-signed for my brother, and we share it sometimes"

"Ok... Bye"
"Bye"

And that was that...

It was getting close to Christmas at this point.. it must have been a week or two before it... I had enough drugs to last me right until Christmas if I made them last, I could get past new years..

But I could never make them last... and having too many pills always seemed to get me in trouble..
I was fine when it was just 1 or 2"...

-Neil

2 comments:

  1. read your story in the paper will read your blog later, being 76 and have never did drugs but took foster kids who did you should be very proud of yourself, keep up the great work you are doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! and taking in foster kids is a VERY honorable thing to do. It means a lot coming from someone like you... Thank you!

      Delete